Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Woodchuck




By: Mahnoor Qureshi

My name is Mahnoor Qureshi. I am a 14-year-old girl studying in 9th grade at the Al-Imtiaz Academy. I live in Abbottabad. My date of birth is 29th June, 1996. My favorite color is white and my favorite ice-cream flavor is chocolate. My favorite Pakistani singer is Atif Aslam. I also enjoy American music and entertainment; I like the music by pop star Hannah Montana and I think Brenda Song is a great actress. My favorite tongue twister is “How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?”

I have five family members: my mother, father, two younger brothers, and one sister. My father is a doctor while my mother is a housewife. I help my siblings solve their difficulties. My mother and my sister are my best friends. I share my all problems to them because they are understanding of my feelings. I love my family very much and my family loves me very much.

I have many friends but I have only one best friend. Her name is Iman Irshad. She is a very nice and good girl. She is my age fellow and also my class fellow. She is very cheerful. Her favorite colors are purple and black. Like me, Iman enjoys American pop culture; her favorite singers are Salina Gomez and Taylor Swift. Thus, her favorite songs are “Naturally” by Salina Gomez and “Love Story” by Taylor Swift. Her date of birth is 25th July, 1996—just a month younger than me. Unlike the students who live in Abbottabad, she travels a very long distance from Havelian to come study at the Al-Imtiaz Academy. I love my friend very much.

Everyone has different hobbies but my favorite hobby is book reading. I have a huge collection of books on various topics such as science, fiction, and general knowledge. I like to read storybooks. I also have a special interest in reading religious books. Books are powerful tools; they provide us a good pass time, they give us knowledge, and they teach us lessons. In this way, books help us achieve success in our life. In free time, I like to do creative work such as decorate my house. I also use the computer sometime. I like to play games like “Need For Speed” and pinball on it.

My future goal is to become a fashion designer. I would to create new designs that change minds of people. I want to introduce to them new embroideries and new fashion designs which change the standard of living. My parents are supportive of my dreams to become a fashion designer. My sister also inspires me to do so. I would like to obtain as many good qualities as possible because I want to become a better person.

5 comments:

  1. You r just in 9th class according to your age, you should b in 8th

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mistake in 2nd paragraph help your siblings TO ......... problems

    ReplyDelete
  4. alots of mistakes not interested as compared to all others

    ReplyDelete
  5. first of all correct the spellings of favourite and flavour

    ReplyDelete