Thursday, July 29, 2010

An Ordinary Teenager





By: Sheryar Jamil

I am an ordinary teenager: I fight with my brothers. I love cars. I like to play cricket with my friends. I also go out with my friends for fun. I go to school regularly. I read in class 8, and my school’s name is Al-Imtiaz Academy.

Family is the most important thing in the life. Family is always there when we need them. There are five members in my family. My father’s name is Jamil Akhter and he is a businessman. My mother’s name is Abida and she is a housewife. I have two younger brothers. My younger brother, Zeeshan, who is after me, is in class 3 and my younger brother, Hayyat Mohammad, is in class 1. They are adorable, cute, and sincere to me—all reasons why I like them very much.

In leisure time, I play cricket with my friends and brothers. It is a very interesting game. It makes a person fit and active. My favorite cricketer is Shahid Afridi, captain of the Pakistani team. I like him because he is the best batsman, bowler, thrower and even the best fielder. My hobby is also to play football. That sport also makes a man fit and strong. The striker, Kaka, is one of the best players on Brazil’s team. In the recent Fifa World Cup 2010, he played very well even though he made no goals. Kaka maintains great control of the ball and his passing is also very good. Unfortunately, Brazil was dismissed by the Netherlands in the quarterfinal with a score of 2:1. No doubt, football is the most famous game in the world!

Like me, my best friend, Yousaf Tariq, also likes to play cricket. He is he bowler when we play together. Yousaf is very studious in his academics. His favorite subject is English, and he loves to read books in English. He is a devout Muslim also; he prays five times a day and recites the Holy Quran regularly. When it comes to food, Yousaf loves biryani. He is quite handsome as well. His hair is black and his eyes are dark brown, and he always carries a dashing look. His innocent face and sly smirk are devious. Perhaps he gets his good looks from his uncle, because they have a strong facial resemblance. In addition, Yousaf, like his uncle, is honest and kind. He has a deep, manly voice—it reminds me of the famous singer Shaan, who the Iifa Award last week.

Unlike Yousaf who wants to become a soldier, I want to become a doctor when I grow up. I aspire to become a doctor because I have a deep desire to help the people who are suffering. In Pakistan, being a doctor is a well-respected profession. I am working hard to get admission into medical college. InshAllah, in two to three years, I will attempt the M.B.B.S. examination.

In short, we cannot live without a family. Family members are always there when we need them. Family is that thing in which we learn right and wrong ways, develop bad and good habits. So we should all respect our family and friends. Friends are also very important in our life. Friends help us in studies and extra school activities and offer their best opinions and thoughts to us. Yousaf is my best friend. He is a studious boy. I want to become a doctor because it is a noble profession. I am blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.

3 comments:

  1. you fight with your brothers, very bad
    by:Mahnoor Qureshi

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE LIKING IN CRICKET AND FOOTBALL.
    BY: MAHNOOR

    ReplyDelete
  3. By:Mahnoor Qureshi

    what is your favorite car?

    ReplyDelete