Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Soldier of His Country


By: Yousaf Tariq


When I was little, I hated school. I hated being away from my family and spending seven hours every day with strangers. At that time I was only 5 years old and was studying in the F.F School, Now I am 13 years old and I attend the Al-Imtiaz Academy situated on Mansehra Road in Abbottabad. Over the years, however, I have learned to love school, and the people whom I once thought were strangers are now my friends.

My best friend is Shehryar Jamil because he is very hardworking and intelligent. He is like his uncle because he has many characteristics like him such as honesty and hardworking. Shehryar is also very peaceful just like his father. He is truly a chip off the old block. His favorite sound is “Ping Pong” because it is a very happy sound. Shehryar’s smile reminds me of the famous cricketer Shahid Afridi. Shehryar’s favorite dish is rice and his favorite fruit is mango. He is also a devout Muslim; he prays five times a day and recites the Holy Quran daily. His hobby is to read books in English. Sometimes, he even tells me stories. He likes to play cricket—just like me.

In my leisure time, I love to play cricket. Cricket is a very old game. It is played with a ball and bat. The batsman stands at one end and the bowler throws bowl from the other end. The wicketkeeper stands behind the batsman to catch the ball. The audience sits around the ground to watch the live match. When I watch cricket on television, however, I sit on my comfy couch. My favorite player is Ricky Ponting, caption of the Australian team, because he plays fiercely. In the recent World Cup, the Australian team played very well even though they did not win the competition. Australia holds the World Cup Champions title from last time, when it beat its opponent, Sri Lanka. When my friends come to my house, we play cricket in two teams. To me, cricket is a very interesting hobby because it makes the man fresh and cool.

Although I spend time with my friends, I also like spending time with my family. There are seven members in my joint family. I have one sister, Amina, who is studying at the Al-Imtiaz Academy. My brother, Aitizaz, is also studying at the Al-Imtiaz Academy. My father’s name is Tariq and he is a Sui Gas contractor. My mother’s name is Tahira and she is a housewife. She teaches me valuable lessons about life. My grandmother also lives with us. When I was little, she used to tell me stories. I have only one uncle and his name is Arif. I am very close to him because he is a very honest, peaceful and hardworking person. He has one son. When I grow up, I want to become like my cousin because he is a soldier.

My ambition in life is to become a soldier. I am working hard to achieve that goal. In three years I shall attempt the papers of F.Sc. to qualify for the army. A soldier is a person who makes his country proud by taking care of it. For this reason, I also want to become a soldier because I, too, want to serve my country and keep it safe from enemies. A soldier is a disciplinarian and also a well-mannered person.

My family, hobbies, friends and future goals are very important to me. I like my family because they support me in all difficult situations. In my leisure time, I like to play cricket because it refreshes me. I have many good friends but my best friend is Shehryar because he is very respectful of his parents. When I grow up I want to become a soldier because I take pride in my beautiful country, Pakistan, and I want to serve and defend my country.

4 comments:

  1. My favourite cricket player is also Ricky Ponting.Your aim is good and our best wishes are with you.
    IMAN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOUR AIM TO RPOTECT PAKISTAN IS APRECIABLE.
    BY: MAHNOOR

    ReplyDelete